|Ecklund (click for larger version)|
January 21, 2014 | 10:31 AMOn Jan. 16, the Walworth County District Attorney’s Office filed 20 new criminal charges against a Lake Geneva man who was allegedly selling heroin and prescription medication.
Dominic D. Ecklund, 25, is in custody in the Walworth County jail in lieu of a $20,000 cash bond. At the time of his arrest, Ecklund was free from custody on bond on a separate case, in which he is accused of selling prescription medication to a confidential police informant.
In the most recent case, Ecklund has been charged with:
In a separate pending criminal complaint, on April 29, 2013, Ecklund was charged with three counts of delivering a narcotic drug, one count of delivering a non-narcotic drug and one count of possession with intent to deliver prescription medications. He also faces two misdemeanor charges of illegally possessing a prescription drug.
- Four counts of delivering heroin, as a repeater.
- Six counts of felony bail jumping, as a repeater.
- Two counts of felony possession of a narcotic drug, as a second and subsequent offense.
- Four misdemeanor counts of illegally possessing a prescription, as a repeater.
- Two counts of possession of marijuana as a second or subsequent offense.
- One count of delivering a narcotic drug (Oxycontin), as a repeater.
- One count of delivering a non-narcotic drug (Lortab), as a repeater.
In 2009, Ecklund was convicted in Walworth County of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
According to the criminal complaint on the charges filed Jan. 16:
On Oct. 4, 2013, Ecklund called the Lake Geneva Police Department Dispatch Center to seek medical attention for a possible heroin overdose.
Later that day, the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department searched Ecklund’s home and found marijuana, Lorazepam, Clonazepam, Suboxone and Buprenophine Hydrochloride/Naloxone Hydrochloride.
A cotton swab also tested positive for the presence of heroin.
After the search, between October and January the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department conducted four controlled drug buys from Ecklund.
On Jan 10, 2014, police executed a search warrant on Ecklund’s home and found three bindles that contained heroin. Police also found drug paraphernalia and hashish — a drug similar to marijuana.
- On Oct. 9, 2013, for $90 a confidential informant purchased 11 prescription pills, five Oxycontins and six Lortabs.
- On Nov. 14, 2013, a confidential informant purchased 0.7 grams of heroin for $180.
- On Nov. 28, 2013, a confidential informant purchased 0.42 grams of heroin for $180.
- On Dec. 16, 2013, a confidential informant purchased 0.86 grams of heroin for $180.
According to the criminal complaint on the charges filed April 29, 2013:
On Dec. 19 and 20, 2011, and Jan. 9, 2012, members of the Walworth County drug unit assisted in controlled drug buys where a confidential informant is used.
On Dec. 19 and 20, 2011, the confidential informant bought Roxicodone from Ecklund.
On Jan. 9, 2012, the confidential informant bought Percocet, Anexsia, Roxicodone and Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride from Ecklund. On April 18, 2012, police raided Ecklund’s home and found Xanax and Reglan pills. Police also found $2,435 in cash.