flag image
Lake Geneva Chiropractic

Sharon man has second standoff with police

Heuser charged with false imprisonment

July 14, 2010 | 08:46 AM
Sharon — Twice in less then one month, the same 40-year-old man allegedly had standoffs with local law enforcement.

Frederick F. Heuser III, 241 Nelson St., was arrested June 12 after a standoff with the Walworth County SWAT team.

After that incident, the Walworth County District Attorney's Office charged him with two counts of disorderly conduct.

Then, on July 4, the Sharon Police Department responded to the residence again for another standoff.

Currently Heuser is in custody on a $5,000 cash bond.

Charges are expected to be filed against Heuser for felony false imprisonment, which stems from the second incident.

That charge carries a maximum penalty of six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.

Misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and two counts of bail jumping also are expected to be filed.

Sharon Police Chief Wolfgang Nitsche said Heuser prevented the victim from leaving the home, which is where the false imprisonment charge stems from.

click to see advertisement
Eventually, she escaped the home, ran to a neighbor's house and called police, Nitsche said.

After the first incident, the man made threatening remarks to police.

"We knew he was out on bond from a previous incident," Nitsche said. "He made statements that he had hidden weapons."

Although no weapons were recovered, Nitsche said police couldn't take any chances with the incident.

Nitsche, who has been in law enforcement for 32 years, said this isn't the first time he has responded to the same individual who was having a standoff with police.

click to see advertisement
"However, it is very rare," he said.

According to the criminal complaint of the June 12 incident:

At 8:47 p.m. officers were dispatched to the Sharon residence for a report of domestic disturbance.

Law enforcement spoke to the victim, who said Frederick had been drinking and had taken more than his recommended dose of narcotic medication.

The victim said firearms were located in the house and the man had made threats earlier.

click to see advertisement
After several attempts to contact the man failed, members of the Walworth County SWAT team were called to the scene.

Police entered the home and the man was taken into custody without incident.

However, on the ride to Lakeland Medical Center, the man made threatening comments to a police officer.

He told the officer when he was released from prison he would shoot and kill the officer.

Inside of the hospital, he told another officer he would kill him and assault his wife.

Multiple times the man told law enforcement that if they came to his home again, he would shoot them.

Comments ()
Taste of Wisconsin