flag image
Form Wealth Management
Reader Feedback
report print email Source: Editorial: Lake weed battle rages on
To the Guy Who Calls Himself a "Community Member"
June 08, 2012 | 04:39 AM

I wonder if you're really a "community-member" as you signed off as. If you were, you'd have attended one of the MANY town board meetings and voiced your (unfounded) concerns you write about. REALLY!
So here's my "educated" rebuttal, just for YOU Mr Community Member;

1) "a LOT of us that LIVE in the community do NOT want the races here.
REPLY: I'VE KNOCKED ON MANY DOORS & TALKED WITH HOME-OWNERS WHO HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE RACES... EXCEPT 1 GUY THIS YEAR. NO ONE HAS EVER TALKED NEGATIVE AT A TOWN MEETING EITHER.

2) "your racers are parking were there not suppose to be parking.
REPLY: THE FIRST TWO YRS OF POWERBOAT RACES WE HAD A DESIGNATED PARKING AREA BY THE BIG HOUSE. NO WAY RACERS PARKED ANYWHERE ELSE BUT THERE. IF FACT, AN OFFICER AT A TOWN MEETING COMMENTED PARKING WAS NEVER AN ISSUE DURING RACE WEEKEND.

3) "a lot of drunk toothless idiots walking around with their beer guts hanging out"
REPLY: I GUESS YOUR TRYING TO IMPLY THE BOAT RACERS BROUGHT IN THESE TYPES? I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT EVERY RACER IS EMPLOYED WITH MEDICAL & DENTAL INSURANCE! OH, ON A 2-DAY RACE, EACH OF THEM SPENDS APPROX $250 IN THE COMMUNITIES THEY STAY IN. (50 RACERS x $250 WHAT?)

4) "At the boat races it's drinking, smoking & watching loud boats go in a circle"
REPLY: LIKE NASCAR, APBA & INSURANCE RULES 'FORBID' DRINKING/SMOKING IN THE PITS DURING THE RACES. IF THE SPECTATORS DO THIS, THEN SO WHAT?

5) "No family bonding. Stop the noise"
REPLY: NOW I KNOW YOU'VE NEVER VISITED THE PITS OR MET A RACE FAMILY!! OVER HALF OUR RACERS ARE FATHER/SON, FATHER/DAUGHTER, HUSBAND/WIFE OR SIBLING RACE TEAMS. THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST FAMILY ORIENTED SPORTS AROUND.

In closing, here's a little education on the "noise" you complain about. 80% of the raceboats that come are STOCK outboards. Meaning the engine is no louder than a regular fishing motor. The other 20% are modified (open pipes) and there's 6 classes of them. Each class runs twice a day about 6-minutes each. That's 1-hr and 12 minutes of loudness per day -one weekend a year. Did you know a Harley going thru town is just as loud? How about the noise from a new house being built next door? Geeze Man!

Hope Ive answered all your concerns. I'll even sign my REAL name!

Kip Trumpulis
Pell Lake
Community Bank
Regional News
LAKE GENEVA AREA REALTY
Young Auditorium